Pain is Pleasure.

Leave a Comment
From the title of this blog, you might think I'm some sort of sadistic freak, but I'm pretty sure I'm not. What i mean by pain is pleasure is that in every measure of pain there is a measure of pleasure. If we can experience the darkness of pain, we are more equipped to notice the light. It is just up to us to keep our eyes open, to remember that as long as there is darkness there will be light, because darkness is just the absence of light after all.

Today I experienced pain. Emotional pain, mental pain and physical pain. But it is through that pain that I am hopeful. Because I know that when that pain eases I will feel a greater relief than if I had not experienced that pain, and for that I can consider myself 'lucky'. Lucky in the sense that I have had the opportunity to experience the pain, and that I know that this pain will translate neatly into pleasure.

I want this to be a short post - so I'll leave you with this writing that eloquently puts what i am trying to say into a beautiful sentence:

O thou handmaid aflame with the fire of God's love! Grieve thou not over the troubles and hardships of this nether world, nor be thou glad in times of ease and comfort, for both shall pass away. This present life is even as a swelling wave, or a mirage, or drifting shadows.
(Abdu'l-Baha, Selections from the Writings of Abdu'l-Baha, p. 177)

Dr Nourozi: Diagnoses- Pain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment